Skip to main content
I love how this blog has been a place where for the past eight years I have poured my heart out as a teenager struggling in a new place, a young adult finding herself again, a wife new to marriage and now to a mother caring for her first child. I am so grateful to be able to look back on how I have grown as a person and grown in my relationship with Christ through all that life has thrown at me. I know I will be able to do the same with this season. Life has been so precious, hard, wonderful and discouraging recently and at times I have felt so out of control. Ultimately I know I'm not in control, God has a plan for this season of life and I'm so excited to see the fruit that will come from it.

With Luke loosing his job and not having work for two months, to becoming a new mom, and loosing all our savings in car repairs I can confidently say that God is STILL GOOD.

I have had moments of discouragement and feeling trapped in our own home. Feeling like the place where we feel called to is so far away. The pull on our hearts is so strong and hasn't wavered for years; we know that in God's perfect time he will lead us there. Even in the midst of financial weakness God is our provider and has shown us time and time again that He cares for us. He cares for his children and we will still praise Jesus in the storm! 🙌

With our eyes fixed on things above we have a hope that surpasses our understanding. These are verses I have held close to my heart recently.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

My hope comes from knowing Jesus and that eternity with Him should be my focus. This life is so short and I am seeing that first hand as I watch my daughter grow everyday. Each day is a gift from above!


Comments